Friday, December 11, 2009

Black and White























This is an oddly perfect picture of us.

(And if you have the dubious distinction of being on our
holiday card mailing list, you'll get the hard copy
as soon as Snapfish says so.)

The best part was that I ushered us all on the floor
the other day for an inspired;
"Hey lets make our holiday card right now" moment
and it worked on one try.

I have a feeling 2010 is going to be the decade of making things 
work like that more often, because my first forty years of trying
to be perfect did not yield much in the way of perfection.
It is the parts that were not what I intended
that have turned out the best.

I had another piece that you read here first accepted for publication
today-- the Shades of People book review-at Adoptive Families Magazine.)

That brings my number of pieces published or accepted for publication
to a total of nine this year, not including a podcast scheduled for
January or February on Mixed Chicks Chat. My goal was five.
Give yourselves credit readers for giving me the lift, the incentive,
and the feedback to keep at it.

Happy Hanukkah, Princess and the Frog Opening
in most of the country, and above all 
Happy Eve of Anticipatory Motherhood to me. 
December 12th, 2004 was when I got "the call".
Sam was born, and in my arms less than two weeks later.

No comments: