Monday, December 28, 2009

Wisdom of the Ages

When Marcel can't communicate his needs
he falls to the ground and gives in to the primal
release of frustration and anger.

Fists and feet pounding.

At forty-one I do the same thing, but instead of the floor
I take it out on myself through constant
internal doubt laden
comment and questioning.

I prefer the Marcel model.

As a highly verbal child with a relatively clued in Mama
he has less and less opportunity for
such dissolution into his emotional flooring.

As a highly verbal and communicative
woman/daughter/mother/sister/friend
it is remarkable how much I could learn from Marcel.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I prefer the Marcel model as well, although I can't imagine my boss would go for it. I love your writing and your clarity -- you remind me of Ann Lamott!