Sunday, March 29, 2009

appearances
















Pan or modeling healthy choices?

So, aside from the
pump
action
water
blaster
But Mom, rain is the best time to shoot the blaster
then no one notices if they get wet..
the weekend has been delightfully
nondescript

We don't say gun
but what's the use-
I was in the front of the line
to stand high on
that soap box
and all that got me was
a farther fall to the ground
of face it he's a boy
and it's a gun
and the two will be united
so save your breath

I pray we will defy the
odds and I will keep
my sons safe from the
probability.
I won't even type it out
so that that fate has no place to rest
her heavy laden haunches here.

The worry cup has been over
flow
ing-

with old maid fears
single parent
isolation too
easy to
anger
and frustration
no space
time
clarity
to write
or exercise
plenty to
snub
and criticize

mud season can do this to you

feels good to slop
through it here
a little bit

it's hard

today.

1 comment:

Craig said...

They are two of the luckiest boys in the world. They have a force of a mom - a force among forces in the history of mothers.